Thursday, July 2, 2009

thrifty

I've been on a big thrift shopping kick lately. I love to find random items that I can find a use for. I usually end up spray painting and the stuff looks good as new. So last week, I went to the Salvation Army (which usually isn't my favorite thrift store) and I was glad I went. I found an oval framed mirror that I have painted white and plan on hanging in the girls' room. I also got a shelf, an organizer box (originally $10 from Target), and an ugly welcome sign that I got for 50 cents just for the pegs. I spent $6 on all of it because there was a half-off special going on. Yay! I had a boring wall in our kitchen that I decided to work on this weekend and this is what I came up with.

You're looking at maybe a grand total of $15 spent for everything on this wall (minus the apron). I had gotten the strawberry picture a couple of years ago half off for maybe $5 and the other frame was $2 from Hobby Lobby with an ugly tree picture in it. So I took the glass out, glued a piece of scrapbook paper on the backing, and screwed a spray painted peg into it. I'm happy with how it turned out. A simple project but my creativity is minimal :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome buys! You're so crafty and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love doing those kind of projects!!! You should have a show on HGTV or DIY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're SO STINKIN' creative!!! I am SO jealous!! :) You have the cutest house!

    ReplyDelete