Wednesday, November 21, 2012

emmy ellamae


She's here!  And as I write this, she is already 11 days old!  Emmy was born at 9:10pm on November 9, two days past her due date.  She was my smallest baby, 8 pounds and 1 ounce, 20.5 inches long.  She is a gift from God.  I feel like there is so much to be said about her so I'm going to break it down into categories... her birth, her family, and Emmy herself.

The Birth of Emmy.
I was induced at 12:30.  They got the pitocen going and therefore the contractions.  For a few hours, I felt nothing but apparently I was having quite frequent contractions all along.  At 5:00, my doctor came to break my water.  Contractions picked up and at 7, I got the epidural.  I hate getting it done but...ahh, it's so wonderful to be able to relax while waiting for the baby.  The nurse checked me around 7:30 and I was at 6cms.  An hour and a half later, she asked if I was feeling any pressure to push and I wasn't.  But she checked me out again and I was at 10cms!  Ready to push.  I pushed twice and in about a minute, Emmy was out!  They laid her on my chest and she cried for only just a second.  And even when they took her away to check her out, she just laid there so nice, looking around.  All throughout my hospital stay, the nurses commented on how pleasant she is!  Just the temperment we specifically ordered for our fourth child!

Emmy's Family.
We are all smitten with Emmy, just smitten :)  Jordan had gone home that night and in the morning, after stopping to pick up flowers for me (ahhhh, love that man!) he arrived with the kids.  The kids had no idea that I had even had her yet so they were excited when they came into my room and found me with the new baby.  Reflecting on my past deliveries, introducing one sibling to another is definately a highlight!  Each of the kids were eager to hold Emmy and they all did great with her.  And the love for Emmy has only grown in the 10 days since then.  Natalie holds Emmy everyday in the morning before school and it's the first thing she does when she gets home.  Ruby holds Emmy all throughout the day, stroking her all over and talking in her softest, sweetest baby voice.  Charlie holds Emmy a few times a day and is also very gentle with her.  They are all so attentive to her and eager to help me with anything that concerns Emmy. 

Emmy.
Our little sweetheart.  She is just so beautiful.  I forget each time how much I adore newborn babies.  So far, Emmy has been a great sleeper.  The first week, I had only been getting up with Emmy once to feed her and maybe a time or two to soothe her little whimpers.  But so far this week, she's been getting me up a few times a night.  I think she just loves to be cuddled with because that's what I do and she's off to sleep again.  She gets held a lot around here!  She's also so strong!  She rolled over from her stomach to her back today and she's only 11 days old!  She's starting to be awake more often and I love to just stare at her as she checks everything out.  She's a very content little girl.  Our family is just so blessed.  I am so thankful for my four healthy babies and their daddy.






Emmy, I just want to hold you forever!  I could never tire of kissing your soft cheeks, staring into your wondering eyes, or just feeling the weight of you in my arms.  I will always love you and be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment