Thursday, November 1, 2012

the baby is coming

T minus 6 days.  I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by.  I think people even forget that I'm pregnant... until they look at me.  I am ginormous! 

My goal for this pregnancy was to stay somewhat in shape.  I had worked so hard to get the weight off after Charlie was born and then to keep it off.  I was training for the 25k when I first found out I was pregnant.  So I kept up the running until the race was over.  Running turned to walking.  Walking fizzled away with the sizzling summer heat.  And now the most exercise I get is wrestling with my two year old.  I've got a lot of work ahead of me to get this weight off and during the holidays, besides :(

I have been trying to enjoy this {presumably} last pregnancy of mine.  I haven't ever minded being pregnant and especially during the second trimester, I have enjoyed it every time.  But at this time, I am ready to not be pregnant anymore.  I'm so much more exhausted... probably due to chasing Charlie around all the time.  I don't think I've even 'nested' with this one.  I'd just rather nap!  I've been searching for the nostalgia in these last days of being pregnant but instead of finding it, I think I am just trying to create it myself!  I just want this little baby girl out!

I can't wait to meet her!  I finally have things prepared for her arrival and it seems surreal that soon she will be sleeping in her little bassinet and wearing those little outfits hanging in the closet.  I feel so incredibly blessed.  The kids are super excited for her to get here too.  Natalie and Charlie have especially appreciated the pregnancy; Natalie keeps coming up to me and lifting up my tummy and Charlie has been enjoying seeing and feeling her move.  Ruby will just be thrilled once she's finally here. 

The baby has been so active throughout the pregnancy.  I don't know if it's because of how stretched everything is for her but she has tumbling all over the place even up to this 9th month.  With the other 3, I could see them tumbling all over but usually it would subside quite a bit by the third pregnancy as they got bigger.  But with this child, I can still pinpoint her feet and her little bum moving from one side to the other.

I love her so much already and am so grateful that God chose this for us.  Although I still don't know how I'm going to manage 4 kids! 

Come little girl, we are ready for you!




First time doing some preggo pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment