Sunday, May 3, 2009

groendyke wedding

This weekend, I was a part of Michelle Gebben and Bret Groendyke's wedding. I had such an awesome time. Michelle and I have been friends for about 6 years now. We have made many memories in that time. One of the first times Michelle and I hung out together, she had invited me and a bunch of other friends to a reinactment of a car/bus accident for practice for the fire department -which was a ton of fun. (Michelle had all these firemen friends that hooked us up.) So anyway, we did the accident reinactment and then went to Silver Lake for the day to drive in the dunes. (I cherish the other memories that Michelle and I have in Silver Lake as well ;))That's actually when Jordan and I really hit it off. We sat in the car, waiting to get brought into the dunes, for a good 2 hours and just talked the whole time. We went on our official first date shortly after and the rest is history from there! So I guess I owe something to Michelle for inviting me in the first place. (And to Aaron who first invited me to hang out with Jordan and the group!) Michelle and I have shared so many tears over the years as well - both good and bad and I value our talks.
I had a great time the day of the wedding and at the reception at night. Jordan and I got our dancing shoes on again. As much as I love being a stay-at-home mom, it is also so much fun to get out once in a while and I have so much fun dancing and hanging out with friends. This was our 3rd wedding in one month so we've really been 'livin' it up'! We're thinking it sounds fun to be wedding crashers! So here are some pictures....








I'm so happy for Bret and Michelle, they are so perfect for each other.


Congrats you two!! We wish you the best. I just know that you will be so happy together!! I loved being a part of your wedding day!

1 comment: