Wednesday, April 15, 2009

dad barkel

Sunday was Jordan's dad's birthday but the family got together to celebrate his birthday last night. We couldn't be more blessed to have him in our lives. He had the nicest prayer before dinner thanking God for his wife, his children and their spouses and the grandkids, and praised God for the day that HE came into his heart. It made me tear up. I know that he must feel so blessed with all that God has given him but I don't think he realizes what a blessing he is to the rest of his family. He always has the most beautiful prayers and is such a good example of what a godly man should be. I feel like I can talk to him about anything and he always has a good take on things. He is very wise. Not having a relationship with my own dad, I couldn't feel any luckier about having Jordan's dad as my father-in-law. I don't think he'll ever realize what he means to me as a daughter-in-law. He's so easy to talk to and so supportive of Jordan and I. He's the most generous and loving man. He's got such a great sense of humor and when we get together with Jordan's parents, I could sit and be with them for hours (and sometimes we are). Not only is he a great dad and wonderful grandpa, he's a mentor and a friend. Happy Birthday, Dad. We love you :)

1 comment: