Tuesday, December 31, 2013

christmas day

First thing you've gotta do on Christmas morning is open stockings!  Natalie had left a note for Santa asking for a horse to which Jordan replied that 'a horse won't fit in my sleigh'.  I thought that was clever since I was just prepared to write, 'sorry' or something lame.  After stockings, we were off to the Jones' family Christmas for breakfast.  We spent most of the day there, lounging, eating, playing games.  Emmy got ample time with all of her grandparents.







Following that party, we had our own little family's party.  Poor Emmy only got 2 gifts!  But she was just happy to climb over everyone else's gifts.  Charlie had fallen asleep on the way home from our Christmas Day gathering and we couldn't hardly wake him up.  All of the kids were pretty exhausted and we got a little meltdown over a gift from Ruby of all people (she is usually honored with anything we give her.)  Honestly, my first thought was that we are raising ungrateful children and we are spoiling them.  It was a little bit of a letdown because we did a lot more on gifts for our kids this year.  But it was just a reminder of how childish I am, too, when I don't get what I was expecting.  And I'm an adult!!  Ruby quickly got over it and so did I!  And we had another spectacular night together!












No comments:

Post a Comment