Monday, November 17, 2008

My Girls....

Ruby is almost 3 weeks old now and Natalie is almost 17 months old!! Why does time have to go so fast?! We are adjusting to the new baby so great! Natalie adores Ruby and loves to help out. She brings me diapers when I ask her to, she tries to give Ruby a pacifier every now and then when she's not trying to sneak it into her own mouth, she tries to share her sippy cup drink with Ruby, and she's constantly coming up to me and saying "baby!" while holding out her arms to hold Ruby. Natalie's actually very gentle with Ruby and loves to give her hugs and kisses. It is the most precious thing to see.

Natalie is actually adjusting to Ruby slightly better than I am! I've been trying to live off of less sleep as Ruby has me up at all hours of the night. She's a tad on the fussy side...not terribly but we had it made with Natalie when she was a baby. When she was hungry, she ate; when she was gassy, she burped; when she was tired, she slept. Ruby gulps up her meals as fast as she can and, therefore, is gassy. We go through every motion of trying to relieve her of that gas which can sometimes take an hour...or two! And by the time we've gotten the gas out, she must feel traumatized and in need of some 'rocking to sleep' motion because whenever we stop rocking, she stops sleeping! It really goes good around here during the day. She gets fussy at times but Natalie's been such a 'big girl' that it really hasn't worn me out. And at night when Ruby is fussy, Jordan's around to help me out or give me a break. Ruby's such a sweetheart at the same time, though. She's very ticklish so it's pretty easy to get a slight smile out of her. And she's just got such chubby cheeks (chubby everything) that you can't help but kiss her a million times a day...or I can't help it anyway! When she's awake, she's usually alert and following your every move. It seems like she gets bigger, stronger, and more active everyday. We went to the doctor last week for her 2 week check-up and she was 20.5 inches and 9 lbs 5.5 oz which put her at the 50th percentile for height and the 95th for weight. I think Ruby looks more like Natalie everyday.

It amazes me so much at how 'mature' Natalie seems now that we have Ruby. She seems to get smarter by the day. She talks so much and a lot of the time, we can figure out what she means. The other night I put her down to bed and gave her some milk, and she said her version of "thank you" and "na-nigh" (night-night)!! She's also so playful and such a tease. Lately, she's been shrugging her little shoulders and it's just the cutest thing! It's amazing how much Natalie has learned in her almost year and a half. Children are truly a miracle and such a gift from God!!

I feel like I've just completely bragged about my girls, because I have...but isn't that what blogs are for?! It's what by blog is for anyway!! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you can blog about your girls all the time!! :) Are you planning on Morgan this week? I know Morgan can't wait!

    ReplyDelete