Monday, April 1, 2013

easter

As with every Easter, we spent the holidays with our families.  We enjoyed going to church to celebrate, the sweets and treats, and the Easter egg hunts.  But it was cold!! 






Even though Easter is over, we still get a reminder from the kids (mostly from Charlie with interjections from Ruby, of course) that 'Jesus died'.  And he looks at us with sad, puppy-dog eyes!  And we remind him over and over that Jesus is alive now.  But his reminder stays the same.  I find myself stuck in this same rut.  Often times, usually at the end of the day, I find myself re-hashing everything that I've done wrong, everything I could have done better, everything that I didn't do.  I am a sinner.  And the guilt creeps in.  I have failed again.  It was I who nailed Jesus to that cross.  And yes, it's sad that Jesus had to die... horrific.  But what if I focused on the new life he's given me.  That Jesus arose and now resides in me as the Holy Spirit.  Those regrets and negative feelings are to be laid in the grave.  I am no longer dead in my sin.  Jesus has risen and has given me new life.  I am a new creation and seen as righteous through my Father's eyes.

Ephesians 3:14-21.

'Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us...'

He will accomplish His will through us.  He will do immeasurably more that we can imagine through us.  He has given me His power.

'to Him be glory in the church and our Lord Jesus Christ throughout generations, for ever and ever! Amen.'

Jesus died... but now He is alive and He reigns.  He alone is worthy of my praise.  And I just hope to bring Him glory and that the generations that follow me will also glorify Him.  Forever.

And to glorify my Lord is to raise Him up and to be a new creation instead of keeping Him in the grave, unreceptive of His perfect gift of grace in exchange for my sin.


Happy Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment