Wednesday, August 3, 2011

to exercise...

...or not to exercise...

That has been the nagging question in my head! After the 25 k, I pretty much just quit! And I can tell. I haven't had as much energy or drive, I can tell that my eating habits have worsened, and my pants have gotten tighter. Darn it! Why did I quit such a good thing? Now I feel like I have gone backwards. Even though I haven't gained anything back, I can tell I am losing muscle. But Jordan and I are feeling motivated again to get into shape. I am doing the Grand Rapids Mud Run at the end of August so now I have something to work for. It's a 5k obstacle course through the mud. I am doing it with a team of 3 other mothers I know from church. Our team name is 'Muddy Moms'! I am super excited! So Jordan and I ran tonight (separately because Charlie was asleep!) and we feel like our mentalities have suddenly changed for the better! I have been making excuses all summer and now I am choosing....

....to exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment