Tuesday, May 10, 2011

april....

...where did it go? We had a great month! I just looked back in my planner and there are only 5 days out of the 30 that don't have anything written on them.


We started out the month with a trip to the Frederick Meijer Gardens to see the butterfly exhibit. We enjoyed it and so did the girls but we don't think it's quite worth all of the hype. The butterflies don't exactly flock over to you if you're wearing a bright color! But we're still glad we tried it out!



We celebrated Easter in there, too. The girls and I enjoyed making some different spring treats. It's so much fun to let the girls get in on the fun. We did some nests and they thought that was pretty awesome and cake pops which were cute and delicious!



The kids were healthy for about three weeks and then Natalie got pink eye. And then Charlie. And then Ruby. They all got over it right away but Charlie seemed miserable and got a fever so I brought him in and he had an ear infection as well. He was on amoxicillin for almost a week and then broke out in hives all over his body. He's allergic, probably, to penicillin. At that same appointment, I had Ruby checked out as well because she hadn't been acting herself and she had an ear infection as well! She has a very high pain tolerance, I think, because I'd been asking her about her ears all week and she said that they didn't hurt. All of the kids are back on their feet again. Now we just have to get Jordan better (allergies?)


We had some great weather this month! I think the kids and I spent more time outside than in which is awesome! We have tans and sunburns already! The midwest states have had record-breaking tornadoes in the month of April and now in May. My heart just breaks for those people. There are so many stories of children getting sucked out of their parents arms and one spouse being left alive while the other right next to them disappears. Can you imagine? It is heart-wrenching! We have so much to be grateful for!

Jordan's been working up in St. Ignace a lot lately and we miss him so much when he's gone! We make up for his absence on the weekends where I feel like the girls and I can't get enough of him! We think he's done up there now. Hats off to all the single mothers out there! I wouldn't be able to manage my home without Jordan and I pray that I never have to! We sent him some pictures when he was gone....




And last but not least, we attended the royal wedding of Will and Kate! I woke up early to watch it and Ruby (who was in bed with me at the time) watched the first hour or so with me. Ruby never lets me watch a program without her approval (so I never get the remote when she's in the room!) but she didn't make me turn this off (which is lucky for her because I wouldn't have given in!) And then Natalie joined us and couldn't believe that princesses were for real. So there I lay in bed with my very own princesses watching this historical event! A little later, I was holding Charlie while standing inches away from the tv, waiting for the royal kiss and I looked down at him and he was leaning in to kiss me! It was an enjoyable morning until everyone got crabby from how early we had all gotten up!


So there's our month in review :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that pic of you and the kiddos...love how charlie's laughing :) he he.

    ReplyDelete