Friday, June 11, 2010

laundry room transformation

I am pleased to announce that after owning our house for just about 5 years, we have finally made-over our laundry room. I have despised our laundry room since day 1. The biggest issues I had with the room was that it was waaaayy too white for me and the placement of the washer and dryer were ridiculous! We made a few improvements over the years but, of course, I was never satisfied. Finally, our washer and dryer pooped out and we were forced to buy new!! And that's when my husband decided to get to work on it. Soooo {drumroll please} here is the new and improved laundry room:






We did everything ourselves (meaning my husband did most of it!) so we saved a lot of money! Here's a complete list of everything we did to the room:

Paint, new flooring, bead-board wall with crown, old door on wall with hooks, new trim all throughout, new washer and dryer, new countertop, raised cabinet and put on feet, bead-board backsplash, corbals and rope lighting under cabinets, crown trim above cabinets, took cabinet doors off and organized... and I think that's all!


These are the only before pictures I could find of the room:

we were moving in...
the 'in-between'

No comments:

Post a Comment