Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Apparently, I have been tagged to tell 5 random things about myself. Thanks a lot, Rachel! Well, I'm a pretty ordinary person so this will probably sound boring.

#1. My sister, Katie, is my best friend. We are 4 years apart in age but we have always been close. We used to stay up past 2 in the morning just talking which would sometimes lead to uncontrollable laughter or, from our heart to heart talks, tears. We shared not only a bedroom for 13 years but also a bed! Now looking back and even at the time, we wouldn't have had it any other way. She's always there for me and she has taught me so much. I wouldn't be who I am today without her.
#2. I am a sensitive person. It doesn't take much to make me cry....Laughter, pain, love, loss, even the occasional TV commercial can make me cry! A certain example comes to mind....Jordan and I met in March of 2003 and started dating in May. I knew there was something different about him, even though being only 17, I hadn't dated seriously before. One day, my mom asked if I loved him and the tears just started to flow. What a wreck! I was laughing and crying because I never believed that I could love someone so much and just know he was "the one" and especially at such a young age! My "sensitive" condition is just something that I've had to live with, because I realize that the older I get, the harder it is to hold the tears back. Just ask Natalie and Jordan!
#3. I love to sing. I always have but I am self concious about singing around others. It's not that I'm a bad singer; I guess I'm just shy. As a child, I used to sing duets with my sister in church and at the Holland Mission (for some odd reason!) but something changed in me and I have been afraid of singing in public ever since I was young. So don't be surprised if you pull up next to me at a red light and see me singing my heart out...that's really me! But I always make sure the windows are up!
#4. I love old people. I just really get a kick out of them and I love to hear stories from them. I have such a respect for them and I want to soak up as much wisdom as I can. Most of them are sweet but even some of the old people who were a little "rough around the edges" (e.g. My uncle Jim) still captivated me. My role models in life are my 2 deceased grandmas. They were the most kind, genuine women I knew. Also, my husband's grandparents are just as wonderful and I feel like they are my own.
#5. I love to eat. Now, I know you're thinking "so do I!" but I really love it! I'm not exaggerating when I say that I could eat a whole pizza, or half a gallon of ice cream if I let myself. I mean, I really could! Maybe, I especially feel this way about food now being pregnant because I am ALWAYS hungry! I just can't get enough of food....especially junk food! In fact, I think I'll wrap this up so I can go eat some more!

So there you have it. My "5 random things about myself". And I don't have anyone to tag, unless if The Emmert Family would start blogging again....Then I tag Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment