Sunday, August 10, 2014

bible camp 2014

Sometimes in my pondering, I think about how it must be for God to know intricately every detail of our lives before they happen; if He is eager to see our reaction once a time of revelation comes.  I believe that as we make important choices, He rejoices even though He has known how it would be since the dawn of creation.

Eighteen years ago, I went to my church's Bible camp and continued to go for some years following.  Each summer, I was greatly affected by it.  From the worship to the messages and our intentional quiet time... I was on a spiritual cloud nine after each week away from home.  These weeks have always stood out as building blocks in my faith.

Now all of these years later, I've gotten to go back to camp as a counselor!!  And it was amazing!  I thought I was primarily going there to serve but knowing that I would be worshiping ,engaging, and learning as well and I knew that I'd be blessed.  But God went far beyond my expectations!

I was able to be in a cabin with my niece, Anna, which was so special and bonding!  I was and am so proud of her and to deepen our relationship was such a blessing.  And Sam, my nephew, was along as well and our relationship also reached a new depth!  But camp was also much more of a challenge than I thought it would be.  I had to plead for wisdom, strength, and boldness!  And I cried a lot concerning some tough choices that I had to make.  But because I went through all these difficult decisions, doubt, and sadness, God also provided and answered prayers in ways I wouldn't have witnessed had I neglected to ask Him.  Specific answers to prayer!!

There was also a moment in worship where I had to grieve the loss of my relationship with my dad.  Again, unexpected!  What in the world?  I was more hormonal than my 13 year olds!  But it was worth it!  I was prayed over by one of my sweet cabin girls!  So special!!

By the end of the week, all of the turmoil that I had encountered was resolved with a hug and an affirmation.  I was also able to pray with someone who gave their life to Christ.  And my one-on-one conversations with my girls were amazing!

I was exhausted but enriched in a way I hadn't expected!  Once again, Bible Camp built up my faith and ignited a fire!  I am so grateful to have had this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment