Tuesday, February 21, 2012

scared silly

Being a parent can be pretty scary sometimes. I'm sure every parent has their share of scary things their kids did. Here are some of our scary stories:


Natalie came out with an adjustable curtain rod, one day, with her dog hog-tied to the pole with ribbon.... She was on her way to make a fire and put him over it, "like in the movies," she said.


While the girls were wrestling with me, Ruby suddenly covers my mouth and nose (as best she could with one small hand) and says over and over, "shhh, don't say anything."


Charlie scared us when Jordan found him with a (butter)knife in his hand at the top of the stairs one night.


I came upon one of Ruby's small Polly Pocket dolls dangling from the piano bench by a yarn noose.


Currently, Ruby's favorite baby (who's name is Sister) has pink yarn wrapped around her neck over and over again. We're not sure if she's doing one of those tribal things where the people elongate the neck...? Whatever is meant by it, it's eerie!


After a bath one day, I found a nude Charlie reading the book, 'Tea for Ruby' with Ruby's beads on. That was scary enough but after I shot a picture, I noticed Bear in the background. And he looks like a creeper! Seriously, this was not staged. Jordan and I roared over this picture!


So there are some of our scary stories that have come with being a parent :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Charlie is going to LOVE that when he is older. :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete