Monday, October 20, 2008

Almost time....

In a few days, our family of 3 will become 4. I am so excited!! I just want her to be here! But at the same time, I'm going to miss her being inside me. I feel like I have taken this pregnancy so for granted.... I was sick now and then but I have been so blessed with how smoothly everything has gone. I have just been wanting it to be over so I can meet her, but she's so safe and healthy inside of me. And what does the future hold for her?

One of my favorite passages of the Bible is Psalm 139:13-16: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Lately I am feeling a little overwhelmed at what it means to be a mommy. Maybe it's just taking a slightly different toll on me now that I'm nearing the transition from one child to two. It's the most important job I will ever have to do and I want to do the best I can. It's been so exciting to see Natalie grow and learn. And to think that God knows exactly who our children are even before they're conceived.... He has had all of their days numbered (and ours, too!) since the beginning of creation. We are so in love with Natalie. I never knew that I could love her so much; it's incredible to think that we'll love the next baby just as much. I am so thankful that He has chosen us to be parents to Natalie and our little unborn child. I want to do everything I can to honor Him for the gifts He's given us. Hopefully, my next post will include pictures of the newest addition to our family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment